Besides this, these activities are crucial to perform at home after an illness bout or as precautionary measures during a severe outbreak (COVID-19 pandemic). Furthermore, removing contaminants and germs from every room in the house is required at the end of tenancy for which professional end of lease cleaners in Wollongong should be hired.
Want to know how to clean and disinfect every room in your home correctly? Here is your complete guide by expert cleaners in Wollongong.
Clean then Disinfect
It is common to use the terms cleaning and disinfecting interchangeably, but they are different activities and should be performed in the correct order for optimum results. Cleaning is required to remove dust, dirt, debris, grime, spillage, or any other contaminant on a surface. Disinfecting is needed to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Using a cleaner or disinfectant alone will not achieve the goals of making a surface completely sanitary. Therefore, if you want to purge your house like a pro then follow this two-step process of cleaning then disinfecting that professional end of lease cleaners in Wollongong implement.
Start From the Kitchen
Contrary to popular belief, the bathroom is not the dirtiest room of the house – it is the kitchen. Sanitising it thoroughly is necessary because it is the most visited room and where a variety of germs thrive. Here are easy steps to sanitise the kitchen deeply
- Take the top to bottom approach and wipe down all the fixtures, cabinets, appliances, cooking range, countertops, and storage units using a microfiber cloth wet with a cleaning solution.
- Make sure the dishes are washed using TGA-approved cleaners and disinfectants for utensils and glassware.
- Pour the disinfecting solutions in a spray bottle and sprinkle on the cleaned surfaces. Ensure the areas remain wet with the disinfectant for at least 5-10 minutes for it to kill all germs effectively.
- Pay extra attention to high-touch objects such as knobs, handles, handy appliances, switches, etc. Don’t forget to clean and disinfect them thoroughly.
- Clean the sink using soapy water, unclog the drain, and lastly spray the basin and drain with a potent disinfectant.
- Sweep or vacuum the floors then mop dipped in a disinfecting solution.
Purge the Bathroom
After the kitchen, the next room to sanitise is the bathroom, and the steps are listed as follows.
- Pour the toilets cleaning solution in the bowl and let it work for the required amount of time.
- In the meanwhile, clean and scrub all the surfaces like showerheads, storage units, countertops, the bathtub, glass panels, mirrors, faucets, sinks, fixtures, walls etc.
- Wash the toilet bowl and scrub the seat, cover, water tank, S-bend, and the back of the toilet.
- Spray disinfecting solution generously on all these surfaces and make sure the room is well ventilated.
- Clean the floors then wet mop with a disinfecting solution. Start from the inner corner making your way towards the exit.
Tend to the Living Area and Other Rooms
Before you follow the steps mentioned below to clean and disinfect the living areas, bedroom, and other rooms; declutter all these spaces.
- Dust and wipe down all the surfaces from fixtures to tabletops, the furniture, electronic items, etc.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces such as stair strings, handles, doors, switches, remote controls, armrests, countertops, etc.
- Wash coverings and beddings using a suitable cleaner and disinfectant for fabrics.
- Vacuum the mattresses, cushioning, curtains, blinds, upholstery and carpets.
- Sweep the floors, and wet mop with a germ-killing solution that is TGA-approved like many experienced end of lease cleaners in Wollongong prefer using due to efficacy.
How to clean and disinfect your home when moving?
It is essential to understand that end of lease cleaning is different than regular deep cleaning of the house. It is done to secure the bond money that is deposited at the start of the tenancy.
If you are moving to a new home and it is in your tenancy contract to get the bond clean done professionally, then it would be wise to hire experienced end of lease cleaners in Wollongong rather than cleaning and disinfecting it yourself. The professionals have the required knowledge, equipment, and supplies to perform end of lease cleaning adequately and within the stipulated time.
Keeping your house clean and disinfected is necessary to prevent members of the household from repeatedly falling sick and maintain their health. By following this guide, you can deeply purge your home to ensure the indoor air quality is good, the environment is free of illness-causing germs, and the house is always welcoming.