You cannot keep your carpets clean forever! They will get dirty at some point and you cannot escape from this fact. Things like kool-aid, red wine, coffee, etc. can be responsible for tough stains, diminishing the beauty of your rugs. The market is flooded with hundreds of carpet cleaners, but most of them contain harmful chemicals.
Such products are expensive as well as dangerous to your health. Thus, you should always clean your carpets using the natural ways. However, if you are not sure about the right approach, go for bond cleaning in Wollongong. Many reputed companies stringently follow eco-friendly procedures for a through clean-up of your floor coverings.
Why Green Cleaning In Important?
Commercial carpet cleaners are easily available in your nearby stores in Wollongong. Such products promise to remove the most difficult stains from your beautiful and expensive carpets in a safe manner. However, they can result in damaged material, faded colours, skin irritation, and so on.
This happens due to the presence of harsh chemicals in the products that are harmful for the carpets as well as your health. Thus, you need a homemade solution. Whether you clean it yourself or go for bond cleaning in Wollongong, always follow an eco-friendly approach to keep your house neat clean.
Let’s look at the common carpet cleaning problems and their homemade solutions one by one.
How To Remove Kool-Aid Stains From Your Carpets?
Kool-Aid can be responsible for some horrific carpet stains. However, you can remove such stains even from white carpets if you follow the right cleaning approach. Follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of the stubborn stains caused due to the coloured beverage.
- First, take a dry white towel and gently blot the stain. Do not rub the stain. Otherwise, it will spread and become very difficult to remove.
- Then prepare a mixture of white vinegar (1/4 cup), liquid dish soap (1 tbsp), and water and pour it in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the affected area and allow it to settle down for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After that, use a clean, dry towel until the stain is removed.
- If the stain is still visible, repeat the process.
How To Remove Pet Stains, Hair And Smell From Your Carpet?
This is a common problem faced by pet owners. If you want to remove pet stains, hair and bad smell from the carpet, opting for bond cleaning in Wollongong is the best option as they have experienced professionals and modern tools. However, before you contact them, follow these methods.
For Stains and Smell
- First, you have to clean the mess. If you can see any debris on the carpet, use gloves to pick it up and then dispose it.
- If it is still wet, use the blot method to remove the excess moisture. Do not rub the affected area.
- Make a solution using warm water and vinegar and spray it on the affected area.
- Allow it to settle down for a few minutes and then again use the blot method.
For Pet Hair and Smell
- First use the vacuum cleaners to get rid of as much pet hair as you can.
- Then sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and leave overnight. This will allow the soda to settle down and destroy the smell while loosening the pet hair deposits.
- Next morning, again use the vacuum cleaner to remove all the hair thoroughly. If you can find some hair, then vacuum one more time.
How To Remove Coffee Stains From Your Carpet?
The coffee stains on your carpet can make it look dirty. Also, if you leave it for an extended time, such stains can be easily mistaken as pet mess. And that will be more embarrassing. However, you can get rid of such stains using this easy method.
- Use a dry white towel to blot and dry the spot. If there is a large amount of spillage, make sure to change the towel a couple of times as it will become saturated and moist.
- After that, make a solution using vinegar, water, and detergent that is non-bleach.
- Pour it in a spray bottle and apply it in the affected area. Wait for a few minutes and then rinse it.
- If you are not happy with the result, repeat the process. If you opt for professional bond cleaning in Wollongong, you will find that even professionals use this method.
How To Remove Red Wine Stains From Your Carpet?
Red wine can be good for your heart, but when it comes to your beautiful and expensive carpets, wine stains can be a nightmare. Many stain removers are available in your nearby Wollongong markets, but you should not use any chemical-based products.
Otherwise, it will damage the surface and colour of the carpets. Instead, go for the following method.
- Use a dry piece of cloth to absorb as much spill as you can.
- Prepare a solution using hand dishwashing liquid (1 tablespoon), vinegar (1 tablespoon), and warm water (3 tablespoons) and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Then spray it on the red wine stains and let it dry. The solution will loosen the grip of the stain.
- Now you can use your vacuum cleaner to get rid of the stains. Run it on the surface thoroughly.
- Repeat the process, if required.
Carpet cleaning doesn’t have to be difficult if you know the right ways. For different kinds of stains, there is a specific homemade carpet cleaning solution. To battle with your carpet stains, follow the options mentioned here. Using them, you will be able to remove the stains in a hassle-free manner and in the least possible time.